- From the Cloud (editorial) by Michael Pryor
- The Thrill by JP Townsend
- Remembrance in Skin by Alastair Brown
- The Wormtail Invasion by Karl El-Koura
- Anne McCaffrey: Prolific World-Builder by Lynne Lumsden Green
- The World of The Last Lemurian: A Westralian Romance, by G Firth Scott by Gillian Polack
- The Slow-Burn Brilliance of Midnight Mass by Kris Ashton
And now a sneak peak at my story:
The Wormtail Invasion
by Karl El-Koura
On the night the wormtail aliens returned, a crescent moon hung in the sky like a bright white fingernail. The undiluted starscape had kept me occupied for many nights, drinking warm beer on the roof of our bungalow, staring and counting stars and half-wondering if this would be the night. Then, suddenly, there they were—just like my dad had described, a pulsating amber glow so distinct it couldn’t be mistaken for a star or a meteor.
The beer dropped from my hand, the bottle rolling down the sloping roof, spilling its liquid guts gaily, then clunking with a thud as it got stuck in the eavestrough.
Hardly able to believe it, I scampered across the roof like a crab, then all but jumped onto the ladder I’d propped against the side of the house, and slid along the metal rails to the ground.